Push notification web is a marketing tool for anyone having a browser like Chrome, Safari, opera and more. They help you stay in contact with your users without an email address or any other detail like contact number, etc.
The user only has to allow once to send content to them. After this, you can send future content, offer, new service, blog, new product using Push notification web or Web push notification.
Example of Push notification web or Web push notification
If you are using YouTube and you suddenly see the notification of video by channel subscribe bu you. This notification is Web Push Notification or Push notification web.
Why must you use Web Push Notification or Push notification web – What are the advantages:
- No need to have a mobile app: Almost every browser allow Web Push Notification or Push notification web, work exactly like the native mobile push. To get more high befit of this use Progressive web application.
- Across browsers: Safari, Chrome, and Firefox when combined have a market share of about 61-77% they all support Web Push Notification or Push notification web.
- Access to users those are not on your website: Using Web Push Notification or Push notification web, you can reach out to those customers who are not on your website or are not live at a website.
- Targeting user without knowing their contact details: Web Push Notification or Push notification web don’t need a user’s email or other contact details. If a user who once visited your website and has given his permission to send him notifications, then you can send you, message as Web Push Notification or Push notification web.
- Higher conversion rate as compared to emails: Since the users don’t need to give their email id or other contact details using Web Push Notification or Push notification web, so, they see your message without any work like opening an email.
- Lower unsubscribe rates as compare to email: Studies have shown that less than 10% of the subscribers who opted for notifications from a site, unsubscribed in a year. The number is still less.
- Prompt and assured content delivery: The moment you click on “send notification now”, it will be delivered to the users immediately. Unlike emails that sometimes fail to deliver or go to a spam folder, these notifications are for sure delivered to the user.
- Higher conversion rates: Studies have shown that web push notifications have 30 times higher conversion when compared with mail.
- Greater mindshare of users: Sending notifications even when the users are not on your website, helps you capture their mindshare and then as the saying goes market share follows!
- Tech-savvy user base: Since this is a nascent technology, it is safe to assume that your content will reach to the most tech-savvy user base.